Wednesday, January 1, 2020

TOP 10 of 2019










I did a lot of re-reading this year! Seriously, the majority of the books I read I had already read before! And honestly I enjoyed those re-reads! All favorites, and all felt like coming home or eating comfort food! But there were some new stand-outs that I enjoyed and those are what my Top 10 consist of. So here ya go:

 10. This was new for me from this author. I have read her historical fiction before, but not her contemporary with a bit of suspense. I enjoyed it very much!




9. Irene Hannon is one of my favorite suspense writers so any time she has a new one out I'm getting it!

I cheated here on #8 and picked an author I love and who is very prolific in her writing. She was very busy this year! I love each of these books so they are my #8 pick.
 
 
                                                                                


7. This author has been getting a lot of flack from her readers this year! We are all in love with this series and we all wait with baited breath for a new one to come out. She has bitten off a big challenge for 2020 and hopes to write and publish 20 books. That will bring the Psalm 23 books to a finish. I am definitely looking forward to that. I have promised myself that I will not start another one of her series until she finishes this one so I am excited for 2020. All of her other books are just as fantastic so I am excited to jump into another series when this one is finished.






6. Once again, this is an author that I automatically grab when she comes out with a new book! This was definitely a favorite this year and I look forward to more books in the series...at least one more I hope!



5. Once again Susan Sleeman is a very prolific writer and came out with several books in 2019. I loved every one of them and so they claim my #5 spot. If Susan's name is on the book then I am going to read it! I've not been disappointed in her suspense or her characters!


4. Tosca Lee is a favorite author as well and I am loving this series! This is the 2nd book in the series and was quite the thriller!
3. Anything Julie Lessman y'all! Every year she is in my Top 10 and most of the time in my top 3. This one is a Christmas novella, but it was a great read. I love her spiritual lessons and also her real-to-life characters. 
2. If you have never read author Holly Schindler then you MUST pick up one of her books! Again this is an author that is consistently in my top 10 favorites. The Art of the Kiss explored snapshots of an older couple's life and just resonated with me!
1. Beautiful setting, beautifully written! I loved everything about this book! If you haven't read Keturah(the first book in the series) then you must remedy that and then get this one. I can't wait until Selah comes out! 

There you have it! My Top 10 on 2019! I reached my Goodreads goal of reading 65 books, I hope to set my goal for 70 in 2020. If you have a Top 10 list I would love to see it. Leave me a link in the comments and I will come visit your blog and see what you are reading! 

I hope you have a fantastic 2020 and a wonderful year of reading some fabulous books!


6 comments:

  1. JULIE!!! Thank you SO much for putting A Gift Like No Other on this amazing list. I can't wait to read some of your suggestions. You know me, so email me the top book you think I would like.

    HUGS!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Julie! And thanks for some new author suggestions you sent through messenger :)

      Delete
  2. I have read a few and agree with you...I must get the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all genre's of books, but find myself going back to suspense/mystery more than others. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but they sound good! Way to go on reading 65 books this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I finally finished my Goodreads goal at 72 or 73. I hate to say that that was a struggle too! So I set my next year goal at 70. When I was working I actually read into the 100's each year, but it seems that being home keeps me distracted with other things! Happy New Year to you and looking forward to enjoying some read-alongs with you!

      Delete

Comments will appear after approval.