Monday, January 6, 2020

Protecting Tanner Hollow by Lynette Eason



This is 4 novellas in one book. I enjoyed all of them.

LETHAL HOMECOMING:

Kallie Ainsworth left home several years before because of her step-father's abuse. Now he is dead and Kallie is going home. Just before she arrives though someone tries to run her off the road! Who would want to kill her? And why? Detective Nolan Tanner and Kallie have a romantic past. It broke his heart when Kallie left years ago. The old feelings arise again once he realizes that someone is after Kallie.

I had read this story before. In a compilation of various authors called TARGETED FOR DANGER going back and reading my review of this story I found that I wasn't a fan of it. How sad! Because this time around I really enjoyed it! I wonder what the difference was? I found the story very exciting and I really liked the characters this time around. I liked Kallie and Nolan as a couple and very much enjoyed the story.

LETHAL CONSPIRACY:

Nolan Tanner's firefighter brother Jason Tanner finds a woman left for dead. What looks like an apparent suicide turns out to be an attempted murder. Jason has an instant desire to help Lilly Peterson, a desire that has never hit him before. He just knows that Lilly is telling the truth and he is determined to keep her safe. Especially when he walks into her hospital room and finds someone trying to smother her!

Once again a very exciting read. I really liked Jason and Lilly and the intrigue of who was trying to kill Lilly was very exciting. I liked that Lilly didn't buckle in the end and stood up for herself.

LETHAL SECRETS:

Honor McBride is running from her husbands past. She and her 5 children have been threatened, now that her husband is dead someone wants Honor to pay up on his debts. Upon arriving in Tanner Hollow she has a blowout in one of her tires. Thankfully Eli Marshall is on the scene to help her with her tire and to help her find her way to her aunts home that she has just inherited. But trouble has arrived ahead of Honor and now it is up to Eli and his cousin Nolan to keep her and her children safe.

I think this one was my favorite of the 4 stories. I enjoyed Eli's interaction with the children and his care for Honor. I liked how strong Honor was, but also her ability to see her need for help. Fast-paced and exciting!

LETHAL AGENDA:

When an emergency call comes in that Claire Montgomery is being attacked in her home Sheriff Nolan Tanner wastes no time enlisting his friend who just arrived for a visit to help him. Derek St. John is taking a vacation, but ends up right in the middle of whatever is going on with Claire.

Yes, this is Derek St. John of the St. John's from the Blue Justice series. Finally we get to read about this brother! I enjoyed this fast-paced novella as well. Derek joins in the investigation of who would want Claire dead. The story takes a few twists and turns before it gets to the who-done-it. I like Claire and Derek as a couple, their chemistry was perfect and they fit well together. A very exciting conclusion that left me satisfied, but also wishing that their was more to their story!

Four exciting novella's that kept this reader entertained! If you like novella's and compilations then definitely check this out!

**I received my copy of the book from Netgalley. All opinions are my own**




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.