Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

War among the factions seems to be the order of the day in Insurgent. Also secrets. Tris is keeping secrets from Tobias. Tobias is keeping secrets from Tris. Marcus is keeping secrets from all of them. Speaking of Marcus, Tobias still hates him and therefore so does Tris. Tris is dealing with guilt over killing Will and finds it impossible to pick up a gun again. This could be a problem in the coming war against Jeanine and the Dauntless traitors. And yes, Jeanine, she is not a very nice person for sure! She has come up with another way of controlling a large group of people to do her will. It really isn't a pretty picture when friends become your enemies even against their own will. Eric and Peter? Yes, they are still prominent in the story. INSURGENT is 525 pages long and filled with angst between Tobias and Tris. I got so frustrated with them that I wanted to reach through the pages and shake them both! They fluctuated between caring for each other and then distrusting each other. Tris's Divergency helps her to be able to reason things out a lot easier than others so that makes her the most dangerous to Jeanine. Tris also has a death wish through half of the book which has her putting herself in way too many dangerous situations and has Tobias totally frustrated with her. I didn't feel the chemistry between Tobias and Tris like I did in the first book though. Even though they professed to love each other they still did things that made them both question that love and loyalty. The big reveal at the end of the book of the information that everyone wanted to get their hands on was a bit confusing to me and left a big cliff hanger so I'll be moving on to ALLEGIANT soon. I know I'm a bit late to the game with this series, and from hearing others talk I sort of knew what was coming in this book so I wasn't too surprised by anything.

How about you? Have your read the series? Any thoughts or opinions about it?

Click HERE to read my review of DIVERGENT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.