Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Berenstain Bears Blessed are the Peacemakers by Mike Berenstain

As with all of the Berenstain Bears books there are lessons to be learned. In this book Brother and Sister Bear help to keep the peace between Too-Tall's gang and Ferdy Factual's friends. Too-Tall's jealousy almost has the whole school brawling during the popular school play of Romeo and Grizzliet. But thanks to the peacemaking skills of Brother, Sister and a few of the parents the crisis is avoided and the play is a success. And while Too-Tall and Ferdy's groups may not be the best of friends, at least now they are managing to get along.

I'm a total fan of the Berenstain Bears books. I read them to our daughters when they were young and I am now reading them to our grandchildren. I love the lessons taught in each one. I didn't realize that Stan and Jan Berenstain had both passed away and their son is now writing the books. I'm glad that the tradition is being carried on and that Brother and Sister will still continue to share important life lessons with our children today. I also liked that on the back cover page there are activities and questions that help children apply the lesson learned.

Thanks to the publisher Zonderkids through BookLook Bloggers for my copy of the book. All opinions are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.