Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baby Lit Books by Jennifer Adams with Art by Alison Oliver

I bought this baby lit book after a friend told me about it a couple of months ago. We are both Austen fans and Pride & Prejudice is my absolute favorite Austen book. So of course when I saw this baby board book I had to have it for my granddaughter. It is a must to introduce her to Grandma's favorite book of all time!

Little Miss Austen's Pride & Prejudice is a counting primer that introduces children to the characters and countryside set in Pride & Prejudice. A board book with fun art and counting numbers up to 10. The first time through my granddaughter enjoyed it very much.



 The next two books were sent to me by the publisher for review:

Little Miss Bronte's Jane Eyre is another counting primer introducing Jane Eyre to young children. I loved this classic also when I was a young girl. This is a board book that also counts up to 10. I love how each number introduces something from the book and each picture depicts the number.




Little Master Carroll's Alice In Wonderland is a colors primer. Each color represents the order of the story from the white rabbit to the yellow tea pot. Each picture is a fun representative of the book and of course very colorful.

Each board book seems very durable, made out of recycled products(explained on the back cover). Advertising on the back cover also states "BabyLit is a fashionable way to introduce your child to the world of classic literature" I don't know how fashionable it is, but I do know that I thought they were fun and a great way to introduce young children to classics. One thing I do have a problem with is the cost of each book. I bought Pride & Prejudice and with shipping it cost me $15.00. Ouch! Each board book is $9.99 which I think is pretty steep. But I have looked at other board books and they always seem a little high priced to me so I don't believe this is an unusual occurrence for this type of product.

If you like the classics and you have a young child that you want to introduce them to, these are the perfect books for the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.