Thursday, August 27, 2020

Iscariot by Tosca Lee



Have you ever wondered what Judas, the betrayer of Jesus, was like when he was a child? Have you ever wondered what his life was like before he met Jesus? Have you ever wondered what would cause a man that walked with the Son of God to betray Him? Author Tosca Lee explores all of those questions and so much more in ISCARIOT.

I have to admit I had put off reading this book for years. I was afraid that it would cast a sympathetic look at Judas and I was not interested in seeing him as a "regular" human being. Author Tosca Lee is a brilliant writer and I loved her book HAVAH the story of Eve. I should have known that I would like ISCARIOT. I loved the history that is included in the story. I loved reading about the unrest of the times. People were looking for a Messiah to come that would conquer the Roman oppression that they were under. ISCARIOT is fiction as the scriptures do not give us any insight into his life. But the author has researched her subject well and has done extensive research about the times. Did I end up feeling a bit sorry for Judas? Probably, but something I have been thinking about since reading the book was that if it wasn't Judas, then it would have been someone else. Jesus' purpose was to save people from our sins and that required the shedding of His perfect blood. The ultimate outcome would have been His death. Does that make what Judas did any less tragic? No! And there is where I will stop in order not to become preachy! If you are interested in Biblical fiction then definitely pick up Tosca Lee's books, they cause you to wonder what people like Judas were like before their Biblical account in history.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.