Monday, August 10, 2020

Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer



Years ago when the manuscript for this book was leaked I was able to read it. I was so disappointed at the time that Stephenie Meyer decided to not finish it. I understood her reasoning, but as a fan of the series it really made me mad. Now we finally have the completed manuscript. I was so excited to be able to finally read the entire story. I have mixed feelings about it. While I enjoyed reading about Edward's perspective on his and Bella's relationship I also found some things to be inconsistent with the original story. I thought the author was rather harsh with Rosalie's character. And I was definitely surprised with the idea that Edward couldn't hear Charlie's thoughts very well. But, since the original TWILIGHT was written from Bella's perspective and this is Edward's I guess things would be a bit different. It was interesting to see Jasper through Edward's eyes and very entertaining to see Emmett's thoughts. I think his character to me was the least different through Edward's eyes than the other characters. While the story pretty closely re-told TWILIGHT there were also inner dialogues that Edward had with himself and others that were interesting to this story. I did find that I got a bit bored with some of the story, but it was still enjoyable. While TWILIGHT will remain my favorite book of the series I am still happy that we were able to finally get Edward's complete perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.