Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Mums and Mayhem by Amanda Flower


Fiona's parents are coming for a visit, her sister is totally enamored with Seth and Fiona is in the midst of helping get a Barley McFee concert set up for the village of Bellewick. When Fiona discovers Barley's body on his tour bus she knows that she must help her boyfriend Chief Inspector Neil Craig solve the murder. With suspects galore the case seems to be going nowhere. When Fiona's garden dies she then has that to worry about as well. With the garden dead does that mean that all of the magic is gone? Is there a possibility of Fiona being able to bring the garden back to life? What will happen to Fiona's visions now, and her job as the Keeper?

I love the setting of the Magic Garden series! Duncreigan, Scotland lends itself to such mystery and magical settings! I also love that a bit more is revealed about Fiona's parentage and connection to the garden. I found her mother a toss between an annoying character and a caring understanding woman. Fiona's sister Isla is annoying and beyond immature! Ugh! Her gushing over Seth made me want to hurl, but I think that was the intention. ha! I was impressed with this book in the series because I really was in the dark about "who-done-it" until the end. I'm liking Fiona and Neil's relationship, but would like a bit more interaction, to be able to see their relationship progress, but I think they are a good fit for each other. I enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next in the series!


1 comment:

Comments will appear after approval.