Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Promise of Hope by Julie Lessman



Emma and Sean have 3 beautiful children that they have adopted. But when Emma hears a couple of women gossiping about her she is once again thrown into sadness over not being able to carry a child. Will she allow the harsh comments of near strangers to steal her joy? Or will she turn to the One who has comforted and provided for her over and over with His perfect promise of hope?

I just love the O'Connor's! And I love these novellas that give us a glimpse of how far each couple has come in their relationship to each other, to their family and to God. Emma's faith is encouraging and I love how she clings to God's promises even though at first she is hurt beyond speaking. I love Charity! Ok, never ever did I think I would say that! Charity?! Really? I love her? YES! She is as feisty as ever, as manipulative as ever, but yet in Christ she is a new creation and her faith is unshakable. Her love for Emma goes above and beyond, even to the point of wanting to get some hair pullin' in! Which, by the way, had me wanting to line up with her and do some of that hair pullin' myself! I love the family love that the O'Connor's have for each other and several scenes brought tears to my eyes since family is near and dear to my heart. I love Sean and Emma's relationship, they adore each other and love passionately. I laughed, I cried and I sighed. A perfect read just in time for the Christmas season that will remind you of the One who gives each of us "the promise of hope."


1 comment:

Comments will appear after approval.