Thursday, October 15, 2015

Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

This is the conclusion of the Peculiar Children's story. What a thrilling conclusion it is! Jacob, Emma and Addison are trying to find the rest of their Peculiar friends. That search is hampered constantly by being chased by Wites and Hollows. No matter how much danger these friends face they are determined to find Miss Peregrine, their friends and the rest of the ymbrynes that have been kidnapped. In fact, they must find them in order to save the Peculiar world from becoming extinct.

I really enjoyed this last book in the Miss Peregrine Peculiar Children series. I loved how Jacob found and used his gift to help save all of his friends. While all of the stories had some violence I did feel that this one carried the most violence throughout. It was a bit hard to read, especially when that violence was aimed towards children. Even though this book was a bit darker than the others there was still an element of humor throughout that lightened the mood and helped the reader and the characters not become too depressed at their situation. I also loved how the author used the old photographs to help the reader get a grasp of a situation, place or person. They fit perfectly into the story and enhanced the reading adventure.

I'm sad to see this story come to an end, but I was quite happy with the ending. I imagine Jacob and Emma living their "happily ever after" in a loop that suits their peculiarity to a tee.

My Reviews of the first two books:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Hollow City

**Thanks to Quirk Publishers for my copy of Library of Souls for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.**

Here's a picture of me with my book and the calendar that the publishers sent me for promoting Library of Souls:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.