Tuesday, February 4, 2014

HOLLOW CITY The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

HOLLOW CITY picks up right where the first book ended-the Peculiar children in boats leaving their island. Their mission is to try and find another ymbryne in the hopes that she will be able to help Miss Peregrine turn back into human form. All the while being chased through different loops by wites and hollowgasts. Along the way they meet other Peculiars with tales of the horrors that the wites and hollowgasts have been wreaking throughout Peculiardom. Will the children be able to find help for Miss Peregrine and will they be able to avoid being caught before their journey is complete?

I really enjoyed HOLLOW CITY and am looking forward to the next installment as just like the first book this one leaves the reader hanging at the end. I loved the character development in HOLLOW CITY. It seems that each Peculiar child was able to use their peculiarness to help the group get out of difficult predicaments. I was definitely a fan of a few people along the journey who helped the children, namely the gypsy's. Oh, and the brothers who can finish each others thoughts, that kind of creeped me out like a scene out of The Shining! Emma and Jacob's relationship also developed, and of course it is not smooth sailing for them. After all, even though Jacob may be peculiar he is definitely not as old as Emma. Again, I look forward to the next book in the series where I can escape into the land of Peculiardom once more.



Book Trailer:




1 comment:

  1. I just received my copy. Maybe we can do a E & E post when I'm done. Also, have you requested Remnants on Netgalley. We should do one for that one, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.