Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Beside Still Waters by Debbie Viguie

Cindy Preston, church secretary at First Shepherd, has gone on vacation to Hawaii by herself. It is a much needed vacation after all of the trouble she's managed to get into at home. But of course trouble seems to follow Cindy. On a suggestion from her cab driver Cindy decides to try a local restaurant. When she stumbles upon a dead body Cindy is once again plunged into murder and mayhem. When Cindy is kidnapped this may turn out to be her last case she is involved in.

Jeremiah Silverman's past life is slowly catching up with him. He has a secret and he is preparing himself to move on in order to keep that secret. Arriving at the airport to pick up Cindy from her vacation Jeremiah becomes extremely worried when she doesn't show up. Knowing that Cindy would have contacted him if something came up he immediately knows something has happened to her. He heads to Hawaii on the next flight to find her. Using his skills from his past Jeremiah is able to track Cindy's movements while on vacation. Hopefully he won't be too late to find and rescue Cindy alive.

This is the 4th book in the series. Yes, I am hooked. I just went and bought book 5. I wish I had read these as they came out and then I would have been able to spread out the cost of purchasing a bit more! It looks like so far there are 11 books in the series. I have some catching up to do, but the pocketbook may need to take a rest after book 5. So, Beside Still Waters...I really enjoyed it. Loved the suspense! I love both Cindy and Jeremiah's characters. I am definitely waiting impatiently to find out what Jeremiah's big secret is. I certainly hope I don't have to wait until the author finishes the last book of the series! Both Jeremiah and Cindy are strong characters. All that Cindy went through in this book would have done a normal person in, but Cindy was determined to get away from her captors. I love it when Jeremiah goes into rescue mode, like I said, I am definitely curious to find out exactly what or who he was in his past. I am also impressed with how the author has been able to keep each book fresh and not just regurgitating the same plot over and over again. That's definitely what keeps me buying the next book each time I finish one. So as I seem to be saying in every review of this series, "If you are a fan of suspense novels then definitely try these, they won't disappoint!"

Check out my reviews of other books in the series:

1. The Lord is my Shepherd
2. I Shall Not Want
3. Lie Down in Green Pastures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.