Saturday, May 16, 2015

Doodle Lit by Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver

Everyone likes to doodle right? How many times have I come out of church or a conference with my notes embellished with doodles? Doodling helps us to think!

Doodle Lit is filled with classic authors such as Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, William Shakespeare, etc. etc. There is a bit of a synopsis of each author and what they are famous for. There are also quotes from their famous works...with a bit of a Doodle Lit twist!

The fun part though are the activities in the book. A couple that I did were:

In this one I got to draw Mr. Darcy's dog and pick a name I thought he would use. Also I got to color his outfit. I'm a very poor "drawer" but doodling isn't an exact science for sure!

In this one the book gave directions on how to draw sheep and then asks you to fill up the next page with sheep. It was entertaining for a bit while I tried to draw sheep. Each one turned out a bit different.

At first I thought Doodle Lit was geared more towards adults, but then I came across a page that said to get your parent to help you cut out something. So then I modified my idea and came to the conclusion that Doodle Lit can be for any age. I think an adult would know more of the authors than a young person though. The target age says for children 8 and up.

The pages are perforated so that you can tear them out, and each page that requires some form of cutting has a back page that is just a design so that you don't have to worry about ruining another doodle.

You can use colored pencils, crayons, markers, glue and glitter or anything else to help you embellish some of the activities.

If you like to doodle, and if you are a fan of classic literature then check this book out and have fun being creative!

**Thanks to the publisher for my copy for review, all opinions are my own**

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.