Friday, June 27, 2014

The One by Keira Cass

As the Selection continues America and Maxon continue to acknowledge their attraction for each other, but both of them are afraid to let the other see their true feelings. Maxon still has 3 other girls to choose from which makes America doubt his care for her, therefore she is unable to express her true feelings for him for fear of becoming too vulnerable. At this point I want to say, blah blah blah! But THE ONE isn't all that bad. There still is the Southern rebellion making itself known to the castle, a meeting with new allies, the King and his continued threats to America to leave, Maxon and Aspen.

America still has not told Maxon about Aspen, so of course we know that is going to come and the fallout is not going to be pretty. For the most part I enjoyed reading THE ONE, but I am glad that the selection is now over. We have a winner, and I must say I am quite happy with how it all turned out.
 

*WARNING*

THE ONE did take a couple of turns into some bedroom scenes that I don't recall having in THE SELECTION or THE ELITE. Nothing graphic, but still a bit more sensual than the other two books. There was also some mild language used.

My Reviews of:

The Selection

The Elite


I would give all 3 books 5 hearts on their cover designs! They are all beautiful, but my favorite is the first one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.