Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Deadly Business by Lis Wiehl with April Henry

This is the second book in the Mia Quinn Mysteries. I enjoyed it very much. We learn more about how Mia's husband died and what he was up to before he died.

Charlie Carlson suggests to Mia that her husbands death was not an accident. Trying to balance her job and her home Mia now must also help Charlie investigate her husbands murder.

Mia is also feeling pressure from her boss who is running for re-election. When 3 teens dump a grocery cart off a bridge onto a woman's head Mia must decide whether they should be tried as juveniles or as adults. Her decision could ultimately lose the race for her boss.

Mia is under so much pressure with all of the situations going on that I found myself wondering how she didn't just break down.

The pace of the book moved along quickly. I was invested in the characters. I did find myself a little irritated at Mia's son Gabe. He has a bit of a rant at one point and I wanted to reach through the pages and shake him, but then had to realize that he too is going through a lot of stuff since his father died. I loved the suspense leading up to the conclusion of the book, I was definitely on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens. There is a bit of attraction going on between Charlie and Mia and another lawyer and Mia. I'm hoping that those will develop in future books. My vote is for Charlie even though he has been married 3 times before!

Check out my review of the first book A MATTER OF TRUST.

Thanks to the publisher Thomas Nelson for my copy of the book for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.