Tuesday, July 1, 2014

William Shakespeare's The Jedi Doth Return by Ian Doescher



The last of the William Shakespeare's Star Wars trilogy has arrived. Check out my reviews of William Shakespeare's Star Wars and The Empire Striketh Back. You will never look at Shakespeare's writings or the Star Wars trilogy the same way again!

I don't know or understand much about prose or iambic pentameter but I do know some Shakespeare plays as well as being a huge fan of the Star Wars movies. Sprinkled into the writing of The Jedi Doth Return I noticed several Biblical references as well as a famous quote from Patrick Henry. I'm sure there were many more obvious Shakespearean and other quotes that I either missed or didn't reference as I was reading. It is fun while reading these books to come across a saying that is recognizable being said by Han or Luke or one of the other characters from Star Wars. A pleasant and amusing way to spend a day reading Shakespeare and Star Wars all mashed together into one epic tale!


Book Trailer:

Thanks to the publisher Quirk Books for my copy for review. This review is my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.