Saturday, June 30, 2012

Immortal Hearts by Ellen Schreiber

Alexander's sister Stormy is in Dullsville for a visit. Raven spends a lot of time worrying about how Stormy will feel about her. She prepares a room in the mansion for Stormy and manages to make a good impression. Stormy also hit is off with Raven's brother Billy and his friend Henry. More and more humans are becoming part of the vampire's secret. Trevor is still Raven's nemesis even though she has sentimental feelings for him. Jagger and Luna are still trying to hatch a scheme to break up Raven and Alexander. And of course Raven can't wait to be turned into a vampire by Alexander.

I am so happy I am done with this series! These last two books have totally disappointed me. The writing was choppy and the characters immature and silly. Sentences were repetitive and some didn't even make sense. An example, "His lips were always as tender as imaginable"(pg. 129). HUH? What does that mean? At least in Immortal Hearts there was not one "nefarious" used and I only noticed "my true love" or "my one true love" a couple of times. A question I have is WHERE ARE THE PARENTS? Raven is out all hours of the night. She parties at The Crypt which doesn't seem to have any adult supervision. Raven seems to be more of a middle schooler than a high school junior. I'm definitely ready to move on to something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.