Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Guardian of the Flame by T.L. Higley





Sophia is the keeper of the Lighthouse in Alexandria. When Caesar and his armies invade Alexandria Sophia finds that she must keep more than her Lighthouse safe from their invasion.

Bellus a commander in the Roman army finds himself disgraced. As punishment Caesar orders him to "take the Lighthouse"  and babysit the inhabitants until he can prove himself to Caesar once more.

Sophia has kept herself secluded in the Lighthouse for more than 20 years. False guilt for the loss of her husband and son have caused her to become bitter and lonely. Sparks fly when Bellus and his army take over her Lighthouse.

Sophia finds that she needs to accept the love of the One True God before she can open her heart to anyone else in her life.

Against the historical background of Alexandria, Caesar, Cleopatra, T.L. Higley has written an exciting novel that I found very hard to put down. I am usually not a historical fiction fan but I REALLY enjoyed this book.

1 comment:

  1. [...] fiction. But T.L. Higley writes in a way that captures and holds my attention. I loved her novel Guardian of the Flame and Pompeii City On Fire did not disappoint me. The characters and story have stayed with me even [...]

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.