Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Murders and Metaphors by Amanda Flower



The magical book shop is doing it again! Helping Violet solve another murder. When someone is murdered at a book signing Violet feels that she has no other choice but to help solve the murder in order to clear her friend. With the bookstore throwing copies of LITTLE WOMEN at her every time she turns around, Violet is having a hard time figuring out what the bookstore is telling her this time around. As always, Chief Rainwater is there to discourage Violet from snooping, but he knows it is a useless cause. Suspects seem to be coming out of the woodwork, but finding the murderer before Violet gets hurt proves to be a difficult task. Not only is Violet trying to solve a murder, but she is also trying to deal with her feelings towards David Rainwater. Having just taken over the Caretaker position at the bookstore Violet assumes that she is destined to be single the rest of her life, but is that really what is expected of the Caretaker? Can Violet trust David with the secret of the bookstore?

I really enjoy this series and am so glad that the author found a publisher to continue writing it! I love the uniqueness of the bookstore and how it helps Violet to solve murders. As always with this authors writing there are animal characters. And boy are they characters! Faulkner the crow cracks me up with his quotes and sayings and general grumpiness. And Emmerson the tuxedo kitty that seems to be an escape artist is entertaining as well. The town of Cascade Springs has many entertaining people characters as well. They keep the reader chuckling and trying to guess who the killer is. I love Chief Rainwater, but I do have a complaint. I wish that the author would decide what she wants Violet to call him. I find it very unromantic for her to constantly be referring to him as "Rainwater" or even "Chief Rainwater." I think to make their romance a bit more believable Violet needs to have a more personal way of talking about him. Either call him David or Chief. That's just being a bit nit picky maybe, but it bothered me while reading.  The mystery was pretty good and had a few twists and turns that kept me guessing as to "who-done-it." I was pretty surprised when it was revealed! If you are a cozy mystery fan then definitely give this series a try.

**I received my copy from Netgalley. All opinions are my own**




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.