Sunday, January 27, 2019

Cold Dawn by Susan Sleeman



Samantha is investigating the death of a friend in a warehouse that has been torched. While there someone tries to kill her by locking her in the building and once again setting the place on fire. Griff shows up just in time to save Sam. Sam and Griff have a past. Seven years earlier Sam walked out on their relationship. She would prefer to never have to see Griff again, but she needs his help to find whomever killed their friend. Both Griff and Sam have emotional baggage to work through. Griff is a former SEAL turned firefighter blaming himself for things beyond his control. Sam saw her parents' marriage fall apart and knows she can never trust a man with her heart. Both risk their lives and their hearts to catch a murderer.

I truly enjoyed Sam and Griff's story. I love the Blackwell Tactical team that Sam is a member of. I love how they are a family and as such they feel free to butt into each others lives! They take care of each other and they push each other to be better people. It was fun to catch up with all of the couples. Sam's fears did kind of get on my nerves a bit. I'd think she had dealt with them and could move on, but then she would be right back where she started. It kind of frustrated me, but also reminded me that our fears and anxieties do not just disappear over night. They are constantly having to be worked on. Griff was a combination of tough guy and mushy guy which always fascinates me. I love to watch a tough guys heart melt over the woman he loves! All of the Blackwell guys are kind of in the same boat where their women are concerned! Susan Sleeman captures the readers attention right from the start and keeps the tension going throughout the story.

 This is the last of the COLD HARBOR series, but fear not, there is a spinoff series coming! The Truth Seekers first book DEAD RINGER will be coming out in April of 2019. I was hoping that we would find out what Emory's(whom we met in COLD DAWN) story was and my wish has been granted! And it looks like Sheriff Blake Jenkins from the COLD HARBOR series will play a big role in the story as well...YES! I am a romantic suspense junkie and am looking forward to this new series! 

If you have never read any of author Susan Sleeman's books please remedy that! They are among my favorites!

Check out my reviews of the rest of the COLD HARBOR series:

COLD TERROR(part of a novella series that I read, but also available individually)
COLD TRUTH
COLD FURY
COLD CASE
COLD FEAR
COLD PURSUIT


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.