Friday, October 12, 2018

Q & A With Author DiAnn Mills

Welcome to Author DiAnn Mills for a Question and Answer on the value of readers in her writing.




What is the purpose of valuing a reader? Don’t writers simply come up with ideas and create stories from there?

A writer has to know why she is spending hours creating a novel. Is it to satisfy a longing to create through words? To teach? Is it to relay deep moral truths through a powerful truth and realistic characters? Is it to entertain through vibrant and colorful characters? Is it to attempt what we’ve never done before? Or is it a combination of many things? A writer can’t impact a reader unless she knows the reader’s heart, those things that make a lasting impression.

Is your passion for story linked to readers?

Absolutely! My passion for every book comes from a deep desire to entertain a reader with a powerful story. Readers are my motivation. They are young and old, librarians and bookstore owners, baristas and school teachers.

What do readers do for you other than read your stories?

Reader encouragement is why I work hard to develop strong characters, an unpredictable plot, and deep emotions. Through emails, social media comments, and texts, readers give me the boost I need to keep writing.

How do you view readers in the writing process?

We’re a team. No writer is ever alone. We need each other to walk this path called life. I crave to know the kind of books that readers are looking for.

What is something you want your readers to know about you?

I’m a writer who is true to her promises. My books, blog posts, and social media reflect my integrity. It’s not about me, but about you. Let me hear from you!





Thank you so much DiAnn! Here is DiAnn's new book BURDEN OF PROOF:




GIVEAWAY

DiAnn is giving away 1 copy of Burden of Proof. Leave a comment with your name and email address on this post to be entered into the drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.