Monday, October 1, 2018

Hidden Peril by Irene Hannon




Kristin owns a store that is known for helping people from foreign countries get fair trade for their products. When Kristin finds her employee murdered everyone thinks that it was a robbery gone bad, but when another woman is found murdered that has links to Kristin's store something more sinister is going on. Luke first meets Kristin at Colin's(from Dangerous Illusions) wedding. Luke has no interest in dating any women. He is determined to remain faithful to his wife that passed away. Kristin is the first woman he has met that interests him, but he has no desire to act on that interest. Luke ends up working the case of Kristin's employee's murder. Now, even if he did want to act on his interest in Kristin, he can't because of the case. But as the two get to know each other there is no escaping the attraction. As the police and FBI get closer to unraveling the case they realize that terrorism is lurking very close, and as everyone knows, terrorists are unpredictable.

This is the second book in the Code of Honor series and let me tell you, Irene Hannon never disappoints! HIDDEN PERIL was one exciting page after another! I couldn't put it down! I loved Kristin's character. She was brave and independent and no-nonsense. I love her network of friends. The Treehouse Gang take care of each other for sure. Colin and Rick were definite forces for Luke to contend with! I loved Luke as well. He was honorable and honest with Kristin. His sister cracked me up in trying to set him up all of the time.  I didn't think that the person behind the plot was much of a secret, but that didn't detract from the excitement of the story for me. Irene Hannon is one of my favorite romantic suspense author's and HIDDEN PERIL was definitely an exciting adventure that kept me on the edge of my seat. I am definitely looking forward to reading Rick's story in the next Code of Honor book.

**Thanks to Netgalley for my copy for review. All opinions are my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.