Sunday, February 28, 2016

Web of Shadows by Susan Sleeman


When Quinn Stone's teenage brother loses his computer after hacking into the No-Fly-List Quinn must go to his ex-girlfriend to enlist her help. Nina Brandt works for the FBI in the cyber crimes division. Nina couldn't handle Quinn's job as a SEAL and when Quinn chose his SEAL family over her their relationship was over. Nina is unable to turn Quinn's request for help away when it involves Quinn's brother. Nina loves Ty and is determined to help him fix the scrape that he has gotten himself into. None of them have counted on who has gotten hold of Ty's computer. Bent on destroying Nina's life, this person will stop at nothing to see her brought down.

Another excellent suspense novel from one of my favorite authors! Susan Sleeman knows how to keep the reader turning the pages quickly while also keeping the reader's pulse hammering while turning those pages! One of the things I enjoy about the Agents Under Fire series is you know who the bad guy is and get to see into his thoughts. You get to see what makes him tick and what motivates the vengeance that he seeks. I also love the strong female characters in the series. In the course of her investigation Nina has to confront a fear she has and she does it remarkably well. I did think she put herself in some unnecessary predicaments in order to prove she was strong, but that added to the suspense of the story. I enjoyed the romance between Quinn and Nina and now am looking forward to reading Nina's co-worker Becca's story. Web of Shadows kept me on the edge of my seat and was the perfect reward for myself after I spent the day cleaning my house!

Check out my review of WEB OF DECEIT 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.