Friday, February 5, 2016

Murder in the Winter by Steve Demaree


This is book 2 in the Dekker Cozy Mystery series. I have to say that this is not my favorite series. I can't really put my finger on it, but the authors constant reference to Cy and his partner Lou's girth/weight/largeness/rotundness/whatever got annoying in this book. Constantly strapping on the feed bag at the Blue Moon was over-the-top excessive. Cy's dislike for his neighbor and her dog was annoying as well. I think what the author thought as witty and sarcastic was overdone and awkward. That being said, I did like the mystery, but probably not enough to make me want to buy the next book in the series. If it ever is offered on Amazon as a free read then sure, I'll get it to add to the collection, and maybe even take the time to read it, but for now the antics of Cy and Lou will be put away and I'll move on to something a bit more mature to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.