Friday, December 23, 2011

The Forgiven Duke by Jamie Carie

Beginning where The Guardian Duke left off The Forgiven Duke begins with Alexandria sailing for Iceland with her now fiance' John. Alexandria is still following the trail of her parents. She is convinced that they are still alive and in need of her help.

Gabriel watched her sail away just moments too late to catch her. He is devastated to have missed her and is determined to get the next ship to Iceland to follow her. The crown regent has other ideas for him though and has soldiers bring Gabriel back to England. It is revealed to him what treasure the Featherstones are after. It is now a race to see which country can find the missing manuscript first. Gabriel is kidnapped by the same Spaniards that are after Alexandria. He is forced into service for them in order to save Alexandria.

Alex is having second thoughts about marrying John. She knows that she is in love with Gabriel. Unfortunately John has fallen in love with Alex, plus he needs her money to get himself out of debt. Determined to keep her for himself John resorts to underhanded deeds that compromise Alex's innocence.

Once Alex is returned to England and under Gabriel's guardianship she finds herself confused. Why won't Gabriel talk with her? Why does he avoid her at all costs. Gabriel too is frustrated. He fears that if he reveals his affliction to her that she will never be able to care for him.

The Forgiven Duke takes us on a fast-paced treasure hunt, full of adventure and romance. There were a few things that had me cringing but will probably not bother most people.  I can't wait for the last book in the series A Duke's Promise. Just like in  The Guardian Duke, The Forgiven Duke has a terrific cliff-hanger that had me screaming for the next one NOW!

This is an Advanced Copy that I read on my Kindle from NetGalley. B&H Publishing Group are the publishers. 

2 comments:

  1. I read and reviewed The Snowflake this Christmas. I liked it so much, it has me thinking I need to read more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one and The Guardian Duke are her BEST! I enjoyed The Snowflake, but these two are my favorites of Jamie Carie's.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.