Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday Break Reading Challenge #14



http://holidaybreakreadingchallenge.blogspot.com/

Today's challenge is to list our Top 10 of 2010. It was so hard to choose, so I went through my reviews and picked the ones that I had given 4 or 5 hearts to.  Here are my picks:



10. BAD GIRLS DON'T DIE by Katie Alender

Isn't the cover creepy? I would have picked it up just for the cover!



9. THE TOTAL TRAGEDY OF A GIRL NAMED HAMLET by Erin Dionne

This was such a cute book. I love the cover!



8. Candor by Pam Bachors

This was a real page-turner! I don't know how many hearts I would have given it as I didn't have a rating system at the beginning of the year. But it was one of those books that stuck with me for a while after I had finished it so deserves to be on my Top 10.



7. LITTLE MERCIES by Lynn Coulter

This was a wonderful Inspirational book, non-ficti0nal. I'm usually not a non-fiction fan, but found myself needing some inspiration so this came to me at just the right time. Thanks to B&H Publishers for sending this ARC to me.



6. WORDS by Ginny L. Yttrup

This was a double winner! I loved the cover AND it was one of those books that stuck with me after I finished reading it. Even though the subject matter was heart-breaking it was a good book. Thanks again to B&H Publishers for sending this ARC to me.



5. MOCKINGJAY by Suzanne Collins

The long-awaited finish to the Hunger Games trilogy lived up to my expectations and more! I loved it!!



4. HAVAH( THE STORY OF EVE) by Tosca Lee

A thought-provoking read to say the least. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this book. B&H Publishers were once again suppliers to my reading vice!



3. SHIVER and LINGER by Maggie Stiefvater

I had to choose both as my #3 picks. I enjoyed them both and am eagerly waiting for the 3rd book to come out...hurry please Maggie!



2. THE MOTHER-DAUGHTER BOOK CLUB SERIES by Heather Vogel Frederick

I love love love this series! I love the covers too! I read DEAR PEN-PAL and PIES AND PREJUDICE this year.





1. LET THE SUN SHINE IN by Jackie Gilmore

Imagine my surprised when I opened this book for Christmas last year! My MOM wrote this book! It is her first published book and I am so proud of her. Our family always knew she could tell good stories, but to actually get her book published was something that we all were very proud of. And it is a good story. My only problem is that she left it open for another book and I am anxiously awaiting that! Hurry up MOM!!!

So there you have it, my Top 10 of 2010. Can't wait to see what reading adventures 2011 brings!

3 comments:

  1. Great picks Julie!

    I read Shiver and totally enjoyed it. I have Linger but accidentally read a major spoiler on a book blog...ugh! So now, I'm gonna save it to read right before Forever comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I hope it wasn't my blog that spoiled it for you! The author did write me and ask me to put *spoiler* on my review as I had read an ARC of the book. I didn't intend to give anything away. I too had read something before I had read the book, but it was still a very good read. I'm looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.