Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Double Take by Lynette Eason

 


Over a year ago Lainie Jackson's fiance' tried to kill her. Lainie knows that that night he died. Now Lainie and others are seeing him! And it seems he is bent on finishing what he started!

James Cross has come back to his hometown and is working with the local police department. When he gets shot Lainie is the one to help him when he gets to the hospital. Lainie has always had a crush on James. Being the brother of one of her best friends nothing ever came of that crush. But now James is determined to protect Lainie from whoever is trying to kill her. 

Seriously, from the first page Double Take grabs you and throws you into a suspense that literally makes you want to keep reading until the end. I didn't want to put it down, it had me from the get-go. I loved both James and Lainie. I love their struggle with their faith that keeps them hanging on to the Lord even though both of their family lives seem to be gripped with issues. James and his father have been estranged for years and Lainie's parents have their issues that keep her tied up in knots. But both of them help each other to strengthen their faith even though they struggle in those relationships. The suspense was excellent and as I've already said it kept me turning the pages to find out exactly what was going on! I can't wait for the next book in this new series because I am definitely a fan of book one! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.