Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Cold Silence by Susan Sleeman

 


Captain Travis Chapman is assigned to investigate the theft of a top secret project that Dr. Claire Reed and her team are working on. It looks like it was an inside job and Travis must go and find out who is responsible. The problem is that Travis and Claire used to be an item. But Claire threw him over for her job. Can he stand to be around her once more without allowing his feelings for her to resurface?

This is a prequel to the Cold Harbor series. As always the suspense and romance are signature Susan Sleeman. Meaning they were both intense and satisfying! Not only is Travis sent to investigate who could have stolen the project, but he also is to provide protection for Claire. They work well together and I enjoyed their characters. I enjoyed seeing the Veritas Center and Blackwell Tactical in their early years. On my TBR I would love to re-read all of the series that started right here. I love the spiritual lessons each character learns in each book and I definitely love the romance along with the suspense that keeps me on the edge of my seat. I definitely recommend Cold Silence as well as the books that come after if you are a romantic suspense fan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.