Monday, January 8, 2024

Holmes Marple & Poe by James Patterson and Brian Sitts

 


Three previously unknown private investigators open their business in an old bread factory. They manage to solve crimes that the police are unable to solve. With their link to their namesakes they are the perfect crime-solving trio. 

Brendan Holmes, Margaret Marple and Auguste Poe. Of course I was interested in this read when I saw the names! I found the book to be interesting. Three investigators with unique abilities in solving crimes. They also have connections that have others wondering where this trio has come from. I love their mysterious backgrounds. While they seem to be a Wonder Trio they are also a flawed trio. Especially the men. It seems that Marple is kind of the glue that holds them all together. The negatives of the story for me were the drugs, sex and language. But there's help to be had for the drugs, the sex is not graphic and the language is sparse. I'm not sure if this is going to be a series, but I kind of hope it is because I'd read the next book to see if we learn anymore about Holmes, Marple and Poe's pasts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.