Monday, November 18, 2019

Verse and Vengeance by Amanda Flower



Once again Violet Waverly is on the case! Along with the her bookstore Charming Books, a magical store that always seems to know what a person needs to read and always knows what books to throw into Violet's path in order to give her clue's as to who a bad guy is. This time around the store is set on Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass. Not only does the book keep flying off the shelf for Violet to read, but it is also found on the dead guy! A Private Investigator that has been spying on Violet. She is sure that he has heard some rumor about her shop being magical and is determined to expose her. When one of Violet's students disappears it looks suspicious and Violet is determined to find her and help her. Will she be able to help Jo before a killer gets to her?

I always enjoy Amanda Flowers cozy mysteries and the Magical Bookshop Mysteries happen to be one of my favorite series that she writes. I love the story behind the bookshop and how the bookshop helps point Violet in the right direction. As always Emerson the cat and Faulkner the crow crack me up and Emerson sure knows how to escape and show up in the strangest places. Rainwater and Violet have progressed along pretty quickly. I almost thought I had missed a book somewhere! I love how David knows that Violet is not just going to sit back and let him investigate, but at the same time I get frustrated with Violet for not listening to him and putting herself in danger! I have to admit I was a bit surprised at the who-done-it. When we were introduced to the character it ran through my head that maybe...just maybe, but then I changed my mind and didn't think of that person again. I enjoyed the story and definitely look forward to the next in the series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.