Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Tangled Webs by Irene Hannon


Finn McGregor is spending a couple of weeks at a secluded cabin. Trying to decide what way his career is going to go now that he is out of the military, Finn is needing this time away from everything to think.

Dana Lewis is staying on the neighboring property, getting away from the big city and enjoying the seclusion to work on her editing job. Dana is also getting away from some demons she left behind in the big city. When Finn hears her screaming in the night he rushes over to help her.

After Finn muddles their first meeting he and Dana develop a friendship/attraction for each other pretty quickly. When vandals start to harass Dana, Finn is on the job to find out who is causing the trouble and why.

Chief Burnett has a lot on his plate. His wife is suffering from Alzheimer disease and it is costing him more and more for her care. Always the pillar of the community, having won several awards for being an upstanding man in law enforcement, Chief Burnett finds out what happens when a person begins to compromise their convictions and rationalize their behavior. How long before the tangled webs that have been woven fall apart?

I really liked Finn's story! I loved he and Dana together, they had instant chemistry that added some pretty steamy moments to the read. I really enjoy knowing the bad guy throughout the read as well. I like that we get a look inside of the reasoning behind the behavior. Even though we know "who done it" there is still that element of suspense in wondering what will they do when they get caught, how far will they go to protect themselves? Loved getting a glimpse into what is going on in Finn's brothers lives as well from the first two books in the series. Mac and Lance are now both happily married men and very protective of their baby brother! Tangled Webs was a great ending to the series and I highly recommend it to you if you love a good romantic suspense like I do!

Check out my reviews of the first two books in the series:

Buried Secrets
Thin Ice

**I received my copy of Tangled Webs from the publisher through Netgalley. All opinions are my own.**



1 comment:

  1. This one is coming up on my TBR, and I'm so excited! Reading there is great chemistry makes me all the happier - love that in books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.