Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Thin Ice by Irene Hannon

Two months after Christy's sister dies in a house fire Christy gets a letter from someone claiming to have kidnapped her. Christy is told not to go to the authorities but where else is she supposed to turn at this point?

Christy calls the FBI and is transferred to Lance McGregor. Lance has just started with the FBI and is happy to have his own case. He meets Christy to hear her story and finds it legitimate enough to agree to help her.

Knowing that her every move is being monitored by the kidnapper and that her sister's life is in jeopardy Christy waits for the kidnapper to contact her again. Obviously the kidnapper is not after money, so what is his motive and why Christy and her sister?

Lance and Christy have an immediate attraction for each other but know that they cannot act on those feelings until after the case is solved. As the case starts to unravel and the kidnapper is set to make his final move will Lance be too late to help Christy?

This is the second book in the Men of Valor series. I really liked it. I like how the author lets us see into the kidnapper's thoughts and life without giving away who he is in Christy's life. It kept me guessing and added to the suspense of the whole story. The ending was wrapped up well and had me staying up way too late so that I could finish it. There is also a teaser chapter for the next book in the series which involves the last McGregor brother Finn. I was totally hooked and disappointed that I was left hanging as I just wanted to continue on! Once again, if you are a fan of romantic suspense then I highly recommend Irene Hannon's Men of Valor series, you won't be disappointed!

Check out my review of the first book in the series:

Buried Secrets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.