Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cast of Characters by Max Lucado

My cousin gave this to me for my birthday this year. I really enjoyed it. The cast of characters included:

Jacob
The Woman caught in adultery
Ananias and Saul
The Gadarene Demoniac
Mephibosheth
Job
The Thief on the cross
And many more!

Each of their stories were told along with how we can relate with their lives today. I like what a paragraph on the back of the book said:


"The Bible is filled with a cast of characters who was lost. The crippled man at the Beautiful Gate. The leper. Even king David, whose colossal collapse turned him into a liar and murderer. These are the hopeless, hapless, and hurting faces that fill Scripture. These are also the faces we see when we look in our own mirrors."

I really enjoyed how Max Lucado was able to relate so many Biblical characters lives to our lives today. We may not literally be blind, we may not have committed adultery, we may not have lost everything we have, but we all were lost until we met the Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.