Waterfall Wednesdays is being hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader today. Today we are answering questions on Chapters 7-11. Hope you can join us!
- Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?
Well obviously they both feel that they own the land so I guess it is warranted. I of course want Castello Forelli to win the land because they seem like the nicer of the two families! It does seem pointless though, the continuous bloodshed.
- Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?
I cannot remember any home remedies that I ever used. I know that when my daughter was a baby and had colic several people jokingly said I should put some type of alcohol in her bottle to soothe her stomach. I was never brave enough or stupid enough to try it!
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I love that Gabi has a means of protecting herself, but I think she has an unrealistic idea that she can fight just as well as a man that has more body weight and strength behind his swings than she does. As a woman in the 14th century I too would want some kind of ability to be able to protect myself because of all of the war going on. As for me having any secret skills…NOPE.
- "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?
I love Marcello as a romantic interest for Gabi. I’m disappointed that he even has an intended. But it makes sense that he must form an alliance with another family. I prefer a more open and honest person(Gabi) than Lady Rossi who seems to be simpering yet conniving behind the scenes(hope I’m not giving away anything as I have read the whole book not just up to chapter 11).
- Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves? Extra (not really) points if you YouTube yourself dancing and share the video. Come on, it will be fun! :)
I think that it would be fun to learn the intricate dance steps of another era. I was not allowed to dance when I was younger. I did sneak into a dance at school one time. A guy asked me to dance and that totally freaked me out! I said no and left right away! As far as do I like to dance? I don’t know really. I love to watch dancing, but for me to get up and actually dance would maybe bring attention to myself and that would be mortifying to me! LOL! But I have been known to “bust a move” now and then around the house!
Now head on over to Missie's and see what others have to say about Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren