Monday, October 10, 2022

Because I Could Not Stop for Death by Amanda Flower

 



This is the first in the Emily Dickinson Mystery series. Willa Noble comes to work for the Dickinson family. When Willa's brother dies under mysterious causes Emily talks Willa into solving the mystery themselves. 

I really enjoyed Because I could Not Stop for Death. I enjoyed the mystery of the story. I enjoyed the characters. I liked the setting as well. I know I have read some Emily Dickinson, but not enough to be familiar with her work or character. I thought the author incorporated her character into the story very well and I enjoyed the relationship between Willa and Emily. There were exciting parts to the story where the girls got themselves into some dangerous predicaments. The conclusion was satisfying and left the reader ready to read the next installment to further get to know the characters. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.