Sunday, October 2, 2022

A Hope And A Prayer by Julie Lessman

 


BOOK BLURB

She’s in love with her best friend. 

He’s in love with her cousin.

But when the war reveals a gift so rare, 

will they be saved by a hope and a prayer?



As Head Nurse at 2d Hospital in Nancy, France, Lieutenant Hope Dennehy is known for her healing touch, especially when it comes to mending the wounds and spirit of her best friend, Lieutenant Bren O’Neill. When Hope’s cousin breaks Bren’s heart, Hope is always there, helping to heal him with a friendship so anointed and deep, it threatens to break her heart too.

Flying high as a daredevil aeromedical evac pilot in the European Theatre, “Lieutenant Love” O’Neill crashes and burns when the woman he loves falls for another. Depending on the support and prayers of Nurse Hope Dennehy to save him, Bren re-evaluates his free-wheeling lifestyle when he witnesses the heinous atrocities of the Buchenwald concentration camp. Suddenly nothing in life is as important as taking care of those he loves … or is it? Battling demons from his past, Bren learns that only one thing can truly save him from himself.


MY REVIEW

Okay ya'll, you know I'm a huge Julie Lessman fan and A HOPE AND A PRAYER just makes me more so! The romance is hot and heavy yet sweet and romantic. And not just the romance between Bren and Hope, but we also get to see Hope's parents, Charity and Mitch, and how far they have grown in their relationship. Bren's demons were a bit hard to read about and gave this reader the desire to reach through the pages and shake the snot out of him! As with all of Julie Lessman's books the spiritual aspect of the story was heartfelt and triumphant. A fantastic read and I can't wait for the next book in the Cousin's O'Conner series. 


JULIE'S BIO




A lover of all things Irish, Julie Lessman writes close-knit Irish family sagas that evolve into 3-D love stories: the hero, the heroine, and the God that brings them together.

Author of The Daughters of Boston, Winds of Change, Heart of San Francisco, Isle of Hope, and Silver Lining Ranch series, Julie was American Christian Fiction Writers 2009 Debut Author of the Year and has garnered over 21 Romance Writers of America and other awards. Voted #1 Romance Author in Family Fiction magazine’s 2012 and 2011 Reader’s Choice Awards, Julie’s novels also made Family Fiction magazine’s Best of 2015, Best of 2014, and “Essential Christian Romance Authors” 2017-2020, as well as Booklist’s 2010 Top 10 Inspirational Fiction and Borders Best Fiction.

Julie has also written a self-help workbook for writers entitled Romance-ology 101: Writing Romantic Tension for the Sweet and Inspirational Markets. Contact Julie through her website at www.julielessman.com.



LEAVE A COMMENT TO BE ENTERED INTO JULIE'S CONTEST!

13 comments:

  1. Okay, Jules, I did NOT expect this at all, my friend, because I know this was a difficult book for you to read, thus the tears on my part for such a beautiful review. I appreciate you, my friend, more than I can ever express and treasure our friendship! 😘
    Hug and more Hugs!
    The other "Jules"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Katie, thank you soooo much! Although I'm pretty sure there are quite a few who will disagree with you, given the 1-stars I've garnered. WHICH makes me appreciate dear reader friends like you ALL the more!

    Hugs and more hugs and GOOD LUCK in the contest!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks, Katie! Your comment encourages me too! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review
    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, BN, thanks for coming by and good luck in the contest!

      Hugs and more hugs,
      Julie

      Delete
  5. I am so excited to read this new book by Julie Lessman! She is such an amazing Christian fiction author & still adds some spice as well. I recommend her book series to all my friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ... the checks in the mail for all those referrals, my friend! ;) Well, I may not be able to pay you with money, but I'm hoping I can via some wins, so good luck in the contest, my sweet friend!

      Hugs!!
      Julie

      Delete
  6. Julie Lessman's O'Connor series has touched my heart,mind and spirit for a long time now. A Hope and A Prayer is no different in fact,this is the best entry in the saga,yet! Kudos to Julie for an excellent story!! Thank you so much for featuring A Hope and A Prayer in this review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, I can always count on your support, my sweet friend, so THANK YOU for coming by!

      Love you!
      Julie

      Delete
    2. Can't tell if my comment took, Lynne, but I SO appreciate your support, my sweet friend!

      Love you!
      Julie

      Delete
  7. Julie Lessman writes great Christian romance books. She pushes the envelope with the romantic aspects but never steps over the proverbial line of Christian fiction. Sounds like I might get angered at Bren like I did Gabe. We shall see ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Teresa ... yeah, I think you just might want to give Bren a slap or two like you, no doubt, wanted to give Gabe, but I promise you will end up liking -- if not loving -- him by book's end. After all, I haven't led you astray yet with any of my characters, have I? ;)

      Thanks for coming by, my friend, and good luck in the contest!

      Hugs,
      Julie

      Delete
  8. Hope I'm not too late! Ooh, I'm more excited to read this after seeing your review --glad that we still see some of the original O'Connors too

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.