Wednesday, December 30, 2020

TOP TEN(plus) of 2020

 I set a goal of reading 75 books in 2020. I missed it by a long shot! I think my final count was 58. But I'll set a new goal for 2021 and try again. I read some good books, but being that 2020 was a pretty "different" year for all of us I found that I needed some old comforts to help get me through. So I re-read the TWILIGHT series once again. That also prepared me for the book MIDNIGHT SUN which was a retelling of TWILIGHT from Edward's perspective. That came out in August and I was pretty excited about it. It had it's moments, but meh is all I can say. I found that most of my favorite authors came out with books in 2020 and I was able to read the majority of those books through Netgalley. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2021 holds as far as reading goes. So here is my Top Ten of 2020:


10. 

Lynette Eason came out with a new series and I truly enjoyed both of these! I also was able to read the 3rd book in the series ACTIVE DEFENSE but it doesn't come out til 2021. Lynette Eason is always a favorite of mine. I love romantic suspense as you will be able to tell from the majority of my Top Ten so whenever I see Lynette Eason's name on a book I grab it.


9.


I'm totally loving Amanda Flower's Amish Matchmaker series. Millie just cracks me up! 


8.

Irene Hannon never disappoints! I loved this first book in a new series.


7.

Book Two in this series from Dani Pettrey was GREAT! So exciting and suspenseful!

6.

I got to be on a lot of teams for this book. I was on the Beta reader team and also the launch team. Such a fun thing to do to help a favorite author promote their book baby!

5.

Six short stories that warmed the heart. I loved it!

4.

The beginning of a new series always thrills me along with making me a bit concerned that the new series won't live up to the author's previous works. I never have to worry about that with Karen Witemeyer! The Hangman's Horsemen series is going to be fantastic and the first book was wonderful!

3.

Julie Lessman Y'all! I love love love her books and I honestly can't see a year going by without reading one and having it be on my TOP TEN list. Both of these were epic, wonderful and filled with sass and fire and kisses and deep spiritual lessons. 

2.

Susan Sleeman knows how to meet my love for romantic suspense y'all! I've never been disappointed in her mysteries or her characters. She published a couple more books in 2020 but these were my favorites.

1.

Once Upon an...Irish Summer was sweet and I just loved it. I loved the setting. Lisa T. Bergren makes the reader feel like they are a part of the book. The descriptive scenery had me imagining I was there! SELAH is the last book in the Sugar Baron's Daughters series and it was amazing. Once again the descriptive writing had the reader feeling as if they were there with the characters. Loved both books!

Those are my TOP TEN(plus) fiction books, here is the one non-fiction besides my Bible that I read this year:

I was gifted this book by a young woman at church. We talk books and she said this one is her favorite "book about other books" and that alone had me interested. I really enjoyed it and have a list of books that I am now going to attempt to read in 2021. They are all old classics and most I haven't read before so I am looking forward to discovering new favorites. 

How about you? Read any good books this year? Feel free to comment or leave a link to your blog telling me your favorites. 

May 2021 be filled with blessings for you!






























 





2 comments:

  1. JULES!! God bless you, you sweet girl, you!! THANK YOU for the honor of being on your top ten list -- I am THRILLED, my friend, so thank you again and again!

    HUGS!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed some awesome reads this year! I haven’t read any of these, but there are some great authors on your list. :) Thank you for sharing your favorites!

    (Also, I’m so sorry it’s been ages since I emailed you!! Hope we can catch up soon. Happy New Year, friend!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.