Thursday, May 16, 2019

Impostors by Scott Westerfeld



Frey is the body double for her sister Rafi. Only a handful of their father's most trusted people know that she exists. Born 26 minutes after Rafi, Frey is the younger sister, and the one trained to protect Rafi with her life. When their father sends Frey(as Rafi) as a hostage to Victoria, Frey experiences freedom for the first time. Being out where people can see her is scary at first, but soon Frey begins to discover that she is her own person and not just an extension of her sister. She also realizes that she is expendable to their father. Meeting Col, Victoria's ruling son, Frey soon sees that they are hoping for an alliance with her city. What Frey doesn't count on is the lengths her father will go to take over Victoria and just how expendable her life is to him.

This world is set up years after the UGLIES, PRETTIES, SPECIALS etc. worlds. Tally Youngblood is a legend among the rebels and Frey and Rafi's father is bent on taking over all cities and setting up his own kingdom.

I enjoyed IMPOSTORS and am looking forward to the next book in the series SHATTER CITY. I can't wait to see what happens to Frey as we were left with quite a cliffhanger at the end of IMPOSTORS. It has been years since I read the Uglies series so it took me a bit to remember the setting etc. While I don't think it was necessary to read the Uglies series before reading IMPOSTORS I think it would help to get the background of the world setting. I would put this book in the Dystopian/YA category, so if you like that genre then I'd say give this series a try for sure. I enjoyed all of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.