Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Spinster's Christmas by Camille Elliot

The Spinster's Christmas is one of 8 stories in The Mistletoe Kisses collection. I haven't read any of the other stories yet because I am only familiar with one other author and I haven't had time. I chose The Spinster's Christmas because I had just finished another book by Camille Elliot and wanted to read something else by her.

I enjoyed The Spinster's Christmas. There was romance and suspense, two of my favorite things in a story. Miranda is a dependent relation being treated as a servant in the household. Gerard is an injured sea captain still recovering. They grew up playing together as children and Miranda has always had a crush on Gerard. When it appears that Gerard may be in danger he calls in a cousin to help "spy" out who could be behind the attacks. Who's past could bring such violence from one mystery woman?

As always I also appreciate the spiritual aspect of a story written by Camille Elliot. Both Gerard and Miranda learn to put their trust in God instead of themselves or other people.

While I'm not familiar with most of the other authors in The Mistletoe Kisses Collection I do intend to read the rest of them. And in case you are wondering, YES, there are a few kisses in The Spinster's Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.