Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Deceived by Irene Hannon

Three years ago Kate's husband was killed in an assumed accident on the water. Their four-year-old son Kevin was with her husband and his body was never found, just his life jacket floating in the water. Now Kate has put her life back together and moved to a new state and city. A chance glimpse of a young boy(who happens to look exactly like her son) on an escalator in a local mall has Kate employing private investigator Connor Sullivan from Phoenix Inc. Knowing that it is a long-shot, but unable to put the image of the little boy out of her head Kate asks Connor to find the boy and his father to see exactly who they are and if there is the remotest possibility that her son could still be alive.

If you are a romance/suspense fan like I am then the Guardians of Justice series is the perfect read for you! I enjoyed this last book in the series. At least I think it is the last book since there are no more single men in Phoenix Inc. Connor falls hard for Kate and even though she doesn't think she is ready for a relationship Kate too can't deny the attraction between her and Connor. The romance between Connor and Kate is not foremost in the story though, it is woven throughout the investigation into who the little boy and his father are and how it affects Kate. If this boy truly is her son, then why does this man have him and what happened on that fateful day when her husband died? Suspense builds throughout the story with the ultimate showdown causing my heart to race and my fingers wanting to flip to the end to see what happened!

We get a sneak peek at the end of DECEIVED into the authors next book coming out and I am already hooked and can't wait for it!

Check out my reviews of the other two books in the Guardians of Justice series:

Vanished
Trapped

I received my copy of DECEIVED from the publisher through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.