Monday, October 6, 2014

The Unexpected Bride by Lena Goldfinch



About the Book:

What's a man to do when his father orders him a bride?

Rebecca Sullivan has been "Becky" all her life, a real hoyden. Her childhood sweetheart taught her to ride bareback and shoot a rifle, but then he chose a "perfect lady" for a wife—a real Southern belle, who's now expecting a baby. Heartbroken, Becky signs up to be a mail-order bride to a Seattle man, sight unseen. She resolves to squelch her hoydenish ways and become a "perfect lady" for her future husband.

If logging-operation owner Isaac Jessup had wanted a bride, he'd have chosen a sturdy frontier woman, not some fragile lady from back East. Ready to explain the mistake, honorable Isaac takes one look into Rebecca's vulnerable eyes...and knows he'll marry her, even though this delicate waif is obviously unsuited for wild Seattle.

Could an unexpected marriage be a match made in heaven?

Book One in The Brides Series
Sweet Historical Western Romance / A Mail-Order Bride Novel

Release Date: October 6th, 2014
Available to order: in ebook format:

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this sweet romance! Rebecca is quite the character. I love that she was so determined to make her unconventional marriage work. She did frustrate me for a while with trying to be someone she wasn’t, but it was understandable considering her background. I really liked Isaac as well. He was an honorable and handsome character. I loved his desire to provide for and protect Rebecca. I think that a good story causes the reader to feel like the characters are real, and that is the way I felt while reading this book. I was connected emotionally and found myself shaking my head in irritation at Rebecca and Isaac sometimes. When they assumed they knew what each one of them was thinking or feeling I wanted to go in and shake them, but then I realize that I do the same thing in “real” life! I’ll definitely be looking forward to more books in The Brides Series.






2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, Julie! Thanks for your review. :) (I shake my head at myself sometimes!! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Lena! We all must shake our heads at ourselves ;) Thanks for stopping by, and YES, I really enjoyed it :)

      Delete

Comments will appear after approval.