Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thread of Suspicion by Susan Sleeman

Luke Baldwin's company SatCom is on the line when someone hacks into his supposedly unhackable military program. Having sunk all of his money into this program, and his reputation on the line, Luke must convince Dani Justice that he is innocent of treason and that someone is out there trying to sabotage him.

Dani too has to do some convincing, with her family that is. Growing up the youngest sibling in the Justice family, Dani has had to fight over and over for her independence. Convinced that Luke is innocent Dani wants to take his case even though she knows that the other members of the Justice team will say no.

Much to both Luke and Dani's dismay there is an immediate attraction between the two. But Dani is leery of overbearing-take-charge men and Luke cannot allow a woman in his life until he is able to provide for her. When the hacker/killer continues to destroy the safety nets that they set up, the Justice siblings close ranks around Dani. Things proceed beyond either of their control and they are thrown together with Luke determined to keep Dani safe and Dani determined that she will not be over-run by another man in her life.

My Review:

From the first page THREAD OF SUSPICION had me sitting on the edge of my seat! The suspense had me stressed out and the romance was pretty sweet. I loved reading about another Justice sibling. I believe each book in the Justice Agency series could stand alone since this is the second book in the series that I have read and I actually started with the 3rd book in the series. I have the first two on my Kindle and plan to read them when I go on vacation soon. The author manages to keep the pace of the story moving quickly with no time for the reader to become complacent. For a fast-paced mystery/romance be sure to check out The Justice Agency series. I look forward to the next installment, I'm hoping that Derrick Justice has his day.

Other books in the Justice series:

Double Exposure
Dead Wrong
No Way Out

Visit author Susan Sleeman at her website HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.