Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Glittering Promises by Lisa T. Bergren

As the Kensington's and the Morgan's continue on The Grand Tour every precaution is being taken to keep the group protected from falling into the hands of Nathan Hawke. They are also trying to remain out of the spotlight so that Nathan and his group will not know where they are traveling to.

Cora's father, sensing that she has a head for business even though she is a woman, insists on teaching Cora every aspect of the business much to Andrew Morgan's dismay. Things are tense between he and Val which he blames on Cora.

A generous gesture by Cora has the group being introduced to Eleonora, a young widow who owns a vineyard. Eleonora invites the group to come visit her in Italy and they accept. Eleonora is quite attractive and catches the eye of the men in the group, including Will. This causes friction between Cora and Will.

When the group reaches Rome they are swarmed by reporters. Pierre shows up for one last attempt to win Cora's heart. Danger and tragedy await them in Rome. Will Cora and Will's love survive or will Cora's heart be wooed away by Pierre? 

My Thoughts:

With this being the end of the Grand Tour we can see how much the individuals have grown during the tour. Cora has found her place among her siblings and even has earned the respect of her father. I enjoyed the descriptions of the sites throughout the Grand Tour and even enjoyed some intrigue as Cora's life seems to be in danger throughout. I did find myself getting frustrated with Cora and Will's relationship. Jealousies and spats throughout had me wondering if this couple should really get together. All was settled to my satisfaction at the turning of the last page. If you are an armchair traveler, romance lover, historical fiction fan then The Grand Tour series will be the perfect series for you to read just as it was for me!

Read my reviews of the first two books in the Grand Tour series:

Glamorous Illusions
Grave Consequences

I received my copy of Glittering Promises from the publisher David C. Cook through NetGalley. This review is my honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.