Monday, September 16, 2013

Double Exposure by Susan Sleeman

It has been years since Jennie Buchanan walked out of Ethan Justice's life taking his heart with her. Jennie is getting ready to open a showing of her photographs to raise money for her charity Photos of Hope. Someone is determined that she not open her show and has threatened to kill Jennie. Ethan Justice and his siblings have been hired to protect Jennie.

Having spent years trying to forget her, Ethan's family is worried that he will once again have his heart ripped out and they are not going to let that happen again. From the beginning Jennie tries to keep the walls up around her heart but is it time to let her guard down and allow people to care for her?

As the threats on Jennie's life increase Ethan realizes that he is willing to do whatever it takes to protect her and that his heart never stopped caring for her. Will his love and skill be enough to keep Jennie safe and to show her what Christ's forgiveness is all about?

This is the first in the Justice Agency books and as usual it seems for me I have read the series backwards! I read the 3rd one first, then read the 4th book and now have read this one. Thankfully each story can stand alone although having read the last two books I did know who Ethan would end up with. I really liked this story in that it has a lot of suspense, but it also has a great message of God's forgiveness along with our need to also forgive ourselves. The story was well developed and fast-paced and I never found myself ready to put the book up for the night. I read this during vacation so unfortunately I did have to put it up at times but was eager to pick it back up and get immersed in the story once more. In fact my husband had to do without my company for several miles of our drive today so I could finish! I'm looking forward to reading book 2 Dead Wrong soon.

My review of book 3:

No Way Out

Book 4 Thread of Suspicion comes out October 1, 2013. My review will be up October 2, 2013.

I purchased my copy of Double Exposure from Amazon and was not required to give a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.