Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nominated for the Liebster Award

Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Reviews nominated My Favorite Pastime with the Liebster Award last week. Sorry Melanie that it has taken me a while to get to it!

The rules:
- Link back to the blogger that tagged you.
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions from the blogger who tagged you.
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Let your nominees know of their award.


My Answers to Melanie's Questions:


1. Who is your favorite author and why?

There are so many! But if I see any of these names on a book I am going to grab it:
Julie Lessman
Dee Henderson
Lori Wick
Lisa T. Bergren
Ally Carter
Marissa Meyer

And so many many more!
2. What made you want to become a blogger?
I became a blogger because I was an assistant in a middle school library. The librarian(my friend Karin) and I would keep track of the books we read for the students. She has always been the one to push me where social media is concerned. She got me hooked on texting, blogging, facebook etc. etc. If it was new she had me signing up too! Basically my blog is for my own purposes of reminding me of what I have read. If others read my blog that makes me happy! I've met several authors and bloggers through blogging that have truly blessed my life so that is a bonus. And lots and lots of FREE books is always a plus!
3. Is there a book you didn't think you'd like, but you ended up loving it?
You will laugh, but YES! Again my librarian friend Karin up to her old tricks! When I first moved from working in an elementary school library to a middle school library Karin kept talking about this book called TWILIGHT. She kept talking about vampires blah blah blah. Finally I said to her "you do know that there are no such things as vapires right?" She slapped the book in front of me and told me to read it and then we'd talk. I read it, I was hooked and YES it is a guilty pleasure of mine to read it at least once a year. And yes, I do own all of the movies.
4. What would be your ideal vacation spot?
One year my parents rented a house on the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful! My husband and I had the upstairs suite and each morning we woke up to this incredible view of the ocean out of these HUGE picture windows. I want to do that again someday...but stay longer!
5. How many books are on your TBR shelf?
Enough to give me heart palpitations every time I look at it! I am a person that wants to cross things off of my list and looking at that pile of books that never seems to shrink causes me much stress. Not to mention all of the books on my Kindle. Being an adult and having responsibilities really stinks when all I want to do is read! My house gets neglected a lot, and sometimes dinners are pretty lame. I'm afraid though that having a huge TBR pile is going to be a fact of life for me for a long time to come.
6. Where is your favorite spot to read?
Isn't everybody's favorite spot their bed? Mine is! Also my recliner in the living room if the TV is off and I can sit in quiet.
7. Which blogger has been your biggest inspiration?
Oh I kind of like to do my own thing. I love other blogs, but not to imitate. I want to read what I want to read, do things the way I like to do them. That's not to say that I don't have my favorites that I visit on a regular basis. They know who they are because I comment ;)
8. Do you prefer stand-alone novels or series?
I'm a series fan. But I also like there to be an ending to the series. I'm thinking 6 books in a series is pretty good. After that my bank account is crying because I just have to have the WHOLE series!
9. What are your other hobbies (besides reading)?
I crochet. You can check it out at http://myotherpastime.blogspot.com. I have grandchildren now that recently moved near us so I get to have my daughter, her husband and the kids over for meals(our standing evening per week is Thursdays). I like crafts, I just don't have time for them like I used to, sewing, cross-stitch, ceramics, scrapbooking have all gone by the wayside in recent years.
10. What's one of your biggest book pet peeves?
 Never ever never fold the corner of the page to mark your spot! That is just wrong! Treat a book with love, I dislike it when books are folded backwards. Yes, I was a library dragon! I have seen books kicked down the hall, stepped on, abused and it drives me crazy! Typo's drive me crazy, you would think I would be used to them since I get so many books from NetGalley. But in my opinion by the time they get there you should pretty much have all of the glitches out of them.  Now if I am proofreading for an author that is a different story. I am happy to read and point out mistakes if asked to do that. :)

Part of the "rules" is to pass the nomination on to 10 other blogs. But as always I'm going to cheat. If you would like to answer any or all of these questions feel free to do so in the comments or link to your blog and I'll go and read there. I think this one has been passed around pretty well to all of the bloggers I know. Thanks once again Melanie for the nomination!

2 comments:

  1. Fun responses, Julie! :) I'm with you on TBR stacks thing - it's stressful, it's exciting, and it's probably going to be a long-time reality, haha. And yay for reading in bed!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.