Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman

Faith O'Connor has loved Collin McGuire since the first time she saw him. He is off limits though because he does not share Faith's belief in God. Not only does Collin not share her belief in God, but he also is dating Faith's sister Charity! When Collin and Charity become engaged Faith must learn to trust in the Lord more than she has ever done in her life in order to forget her feelings for Collin.

No woman has ever been able to hold Collin's heart. But never has a woman stirred him more than Faith. He is determined to never yield to her God. He likes the life he lives just fine, but he can not get Faith out of his mind.

When America enters World War I Collin, Mr. O'Connor and Sean all head off to war while the rest of the family goes to Ireland to be with Mrs. O'Connor's family. While in Ireland Faith takes a job at the newspaper. Sparks fly between her and her new boss Mitch Dennehy. Finally being able to put Collin out of her mind and out of her heart she hopes, Faith begins dating Mitch. When circumstances shake Faith's belief in God she heads back to America on her own determined to leave her faith behind.

Having read The Winds of Change series before I read this book I knew who Faith ended up with, but that didn't make the book less exciting and stressful to read! Both Mitch and Collin had qualities that I could see Faith being with. And as always, life in the O'Connor house isn't always filled with gumdrops and roses. Charity's rivalry with Faith made me want to shake her! I felt the heartbreak that Marcy had when Patrick went off to war. And the dalliances that both Collin and Mitch had with other women made me cringe. But to see the hand of God work in a "bad boy's" life, and the change that only He can bring always reminds me that even the most hard-hearted can be brought to their knees by the loving God of all. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next two books in the Daughters of Boston series. After all, I have to read how Charity's life is changed because at the end of A Passion Most Pure I don't like her very much!



7 comments:

  1. Chrome doesn't work, but in Firefox I could comment just fine. Weird. This book sure has a pretty cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your love and excitement for this book, Julie, and it makes me want to read it! I haven't read any of Lessman's books yet, but I do have A Passion Most Pure on my kindle app. I'll have to download and start reading! Thanks for the review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh most definitely get it Gwendolyn! You will not be disappointed :) Loved the whole series. I'm currently reading A Light in the Window which is the prequel to all of the books in the series and the love story of the parents Patrick and Marcy. Very good!!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Love these Julie Lessman books! I used to own them. But I shared them with friends and never received them back--just goes to show how well-loved they are. Thanks for sharing this with us, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Renee! :) Yep, I love Julie Lessman's books even though they stress the heck out of me!

      Delete
  4. This is the one that started it all. I remember seeing Julie win Debut Novel of the Year with this book. Well-deserved and congratulations to Julie for sticking with this book that God put on her heart!

    Thanks for sharing your review Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Debra! Julie has become one of my favorite authors now!

      Delete

Comments will appear after approval.