Friday, August 10, 2018

Every Wicked Man by Steven James


This is the first book of the Bowers Files that I have read after The Pawn series, which kind of threw me off a bit. I thought this would be a continuation of Patrick Bowers after The King, but apparently these are prequels to that series. Sigh...I missed Every Crooked Path and Every Deadly Kiss, the first two books in this prequel set. BUT, that being said, I was able to follow the story well and I also was able to enjoy it very much.

In EVERY WICKED MAN Patrick is hunting down whoever is causing people to commit suicide and posting the event live online. There are several suspects and several different directions that the case goes in to keep the reader guessing who is the bad guy. As for Patrick's personal life, he's just gotten married and is now step-father to Tessa who is a bit impetuous, but not nearly as much as in later books! At the beginning of the book his wife Christie is off on a soul-searching weekend, and has to ask herself the question of whether it is kinder to keep a secret from your family or to share with them and allow them to be a part of what is happening. The suspense of Patrick trying to keep someone else from dying, and the family drama that goes on keeps the reader turning the pages and hanging on every scene. A total emotional roller-coaster that had this reader slumping with relief and wiping a few tears away by the end.

If you are a fan of suspense/murder mysteries/crime novels then definitely give this series a try. I would recommend starting at the beginning though, but since it seems I always start in the middle of a series this worked for me!

**I received my copy of EVERY WICKED MAN from Netgalley. All opinions are my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.