Saturday, February 14, 2015

Kicking Eternity by Ann Lee Miller

Raine's purpose for the summer is to earn enough money to purchase her ticket to Africa. Raine has always felt called to be a missionary in Africa, but with her brother constantly turning up asking for money to cover his drug use Raine is looking to get away.

Raine's job for the summer is a Bible teacher at summer camp. Cal the camp art teacher and Aly her roommate have taken it upon themselves to educate the naive Christian girl. Will Raine be able to stand up for her beliefs or will her faith be rocked?

Then there is Drew, the camp music director who grew up teasing Raine by constantly calling her Rainey. Still holding on to the girl he was sure God told him he was going to marry even though she dumped him 6 years ago. Drew and Raine have chemistry between them, they both are believers, they pray together, they encourage each other, but with each of them having their hearts tied to someone else they determine to tamp down their attraction to each other.

Set in New Smyrna beach Florida, Kicking Eternity is a perfect summer beach read. While Raine's confusion over Cal and enabling of her brother Eddy frustrated and angered me at times, waiting to see how the relationships played out kept me turning the pages. I also found myself taken back to my younger days when I was less mature in my faith and allowed temptations to govern my actions, so I found Raine's character very relatable. Ann Lee Miller writes real characters facing real-life temptations and struggles with faith that I think every young person can relate to.

Other books in the New Smyrna Beach Series:

Avra's God
Tattered Innocence
Kicking Eternity
The Art Of My Life

GIVEAWAY!

Ann Lee Miller has graciously offered to give away one e-copy of her books. If you would like to be entered into the drawing post a comment with your email address. I'll draw a winner on February 18th.


1 comment:

  1. Julie, thank you for reading and reviewing Kicking Eternity! I loved your review.

    Happy reading!

    Ann Lee Miller
    AnnLeeMiller.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.