Thursday, July 21, 2011

My revised To Be Read shelf

I went through all of my books that have been sitting on my shelf to be read for like forever! This is the paired-down version:



I'm still kind of stressed out when I see all of the books that need to be read. And this is not counting all of the books on my Kindle. If I could only let life just pass me by and read for 24/7. Wait! I wouldn't want life to pass me by though! Let's revise that statement. If I could just let housework, grocery shopping, and all of those other chores that I dread doing pass me by, then I could read a lot more.  But until I can afford to hire someone to do all of those dreaded chores(like that will ever happen), I am just going to have to chip away at that shelf as I have time. The sad thing is that I still go out and buy books, or I still request publishers to send me books. I am a book addict. I doubt that there is any help for me!

To show you how much of a book addict I am look at my library! Yes, I have turned an entire bedroom into my library. I have to confess I could use a bigger room! Plus I'm in need of two more bookshelves.








2 comments:

  1. I am a book flinger (don't hold on to anything) and my shelf is just like yours. Actually, this has inspired a blog post....maybe next week sometime.

    I sent your book today. If you want to trade back sometime in the future, fine, if not, I'm sure I'll be able to find it somewhere else when I'm ready to read it. I don't think I'll get a Jane Austen itch again until the fall (or later).

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I read it Joy I'll send it back to you. I am trying to be more of a book flinger. I just turned an entire bedroom into a library though! But as I was going through the books that I have collected over the years I managed to weed out quite a bit. I am a series fanatic! If I get one in the series then I tend to want to collect the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will appear after approval.