Monday, December 28, 2009

Right Behind You by Gail Giles

When Kip was 9 he killed a boy. He spent 5 years in a mental hospital getting counciling and serving his time. When he gets out he and his dad and step-mom have to move to Indiana to start a new life. After making new friends and trying to fit in, Kip is still in self-destruct mode. He can't get away from the demon that chases him...guilt. All too soon he self-destructs. Now he is having to put his family through yet another move. This time to a beach house that was left to his step-mom. The first day there he meets Sam. Sam has demons of her own. Will they be able to help each other chase the demons away or will Kip self-destruct once more? This was a very interesting book. I really couldn't put it down. It made me think would I be one of the people that could not forgive and forget or would I be supportive of Kip. Very provocative. I didn't like the ending. I guess I like things spelled out and easy to understand. Black and white. But life isn't always like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approval.